- (i) his website, including related digital publications, bulletin boards, forums, social media and e-newsletters (the “Site”) and, without limitation,
- (ii) all other websites owned and/or provided by Esco Lifesciences Group (“Esco” or “we”);
- (iii) all services offered through this Site and/or any other Esco website;
- (iv) all mobile applications owned and/or provided by Esco and/or available on or through this Site or any other Esco website; and
- (v) all web pages, data, text, images, photographs, illustrations, graphics, audio, video and documents including articles, marketing materials, press releases and other information and content available on or through this Site or any Esco website.
(f) We attempt to ensure that any personal data we collect about you will be held and processed strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and, on and from 25 May 2018, the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Terms with meanings under GDPR are identified here:
- (i) We are considered a “Data Controller”. Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
- (ii) We employ “Data Processors (or Service Providers)” Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- (iii) You, or any User, would be considered a “Data Subject”. A Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
- (iv) “Personal Data” is defined below.
2.1 We require you to provide certain information about yourself when you register with certain Services. We may receive information about you when you request for quotation, respond to requests for feedback, participate in contests and surveys, requests for contact, request of visit or service.
(a) Information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified (“Personal Data”) which may include:
- (i) name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address,
- (ii) certain business information such as employer name, occupation, industry, job function, and job title.
- (iii) certain optional information such as geolocation information, zip code.
- (iv) Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Google/LinkedIn/Pinterest/Tumblr/Yahoo/Viber/SKYPE user name (or similar user names), and
- (v) photos, videos, that may contain your image or voice when you give feedback in our product or services, or post content on a blog site as a guest with authoring rights, as applicable.
(b) Certain data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Services or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit) which is considered “Usage Data” may also be collected. Some examples:
- (i) When you visit the Services, we may collect the IP address of your Device.
- (ii) We also use automatic data collection technology to record other information that identifies your Device and tracks your behavior on the Services.
- (iii) We may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
(c) We receive information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website.
(d) We also receive any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
2.2 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
3.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
3.2 We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer our website and business;
(b) send you non-marketing commercial communications;
(c) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
(d) unless you opt out, we may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax and other communications on behalf of Esco and our affiliates, including e-mail newsletters or promotional offers for Esco services.
(e) use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us. You may opt out of receiving third party offers at any time.
(f) send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology;
(g) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
(h) keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
(i) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
(j) provide you with the Services.
(k) respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding the Services.
(l) provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as Recertification, new product offers, promos, contests) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
(m) For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
3.3 Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.3 We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5.1 Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
5.2 Information that we collect may be transferred to the other countries where we have subsidiary offices and partners.
5.3 You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 5.
6.1 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6.3 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 6, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
7.2 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
7.3 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall protected) servers.
8.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
8.2 This Section 6 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
9.1 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
9.2 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
9.3 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
10.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
10.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
You have the right to opt out to any of our Services and communications. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted.
You may also opt out of receiving third party offers from a Service at any time by sending an e-mail to mail.escoglobal.com with the subject line “opt out – third party” or by such other means as we may from time to time make available to you.
13.1 This website is owned and operated by Esco Micro Pte. Ltd.
13.2 We are registered in Singapore under registration number 198400165W, and our registered office is at 21 Changi South Street 1, Singapore 468777.
13.3 Our principal place of business is at 21 Changi South Street 1, Singapore 468777.
13.4 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to mail.escolifesciences.com or by telephone on +65 65420833.
Point of Contact:
Esco Lifesciences Data Privacy & Protection Officer